Thursday, November 29, 2012

Visalia Swap Meet

 You may already know that Visalia has a Swap Meet. I've gone to this thing since I was a kid with my parents. Back when I was a kid, it was more like a giant yard sale. Now, it's more like an outdoor mall. Don't go there think you will pick up name brand product on the cheap. It's all cheapo depot knock offs on the cheap. Think 10 socks for $5 or $7 dresses kind of a deal.
It's not just people trying to sell crap they have around the house. They are small business selling clothes, cleaning supplies, entertainment goods and services. Some stuff aren't any better of a deal then driving into town. What I think is that the customer base don't want to drive into town. They like to live on the DL, if you know what I mean. *wink-wink/nod-nod*.
I went looking for deals on video games and they were equal to used Gamestop prices. I saw puppies for sale and they wanted $300 for rottweilers. I could get a better deal at the SPCA. But again, the customer base might not want to got through an adoption process to get a dog, even if it's cheaper.

If you are looking for animals other than dogs, they have all kinds of farm and not so farm animals.
FOOD! They have a huge assortment of fruits and veggies. But they all look like they get it from the same source. Actually, all the stuff there looks like they get it from the same source. They have giant bundles of toilet paper for cheap but everyone sells the same off brand.
It's weird but it's Visalia and it's all we got.
Visalia Sales Yard
Flea Market, Auctioneer
29660 Road 152, Visalia, CA · 
(559) 734-9092

No comments:

Post a Comment